Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

In all of my years of stamping, I have never "splatted" on a card. So I was definitely challenged when I saw this sketch yesterday:
 
So, I pondered for a day, and this is what I ended up with:
To make that "splat" in the center,  I wadded up a piece of paper and smooshed it onto a saffron yellow ink pad and then pounced it many times onto the cardstock. The dandelion stamps are old ones from Great Impressions. I did take all of 2 seconds and put some crystal glaze on that tiny ladybug
Making this card was a good thing, 'cause I would do this sketch again, and now I have a get well card done before I really need it.

I am sharing this card with : Freshly Made Sketches #433


Thanks for looking in....
Patty

8 comments:

  1. How funny that we both thought of dandelions to form a splat :). Love your ladybug too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love what you came up with! SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good match for the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The splash of yellow behind your flowers is perfect! glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Love the saffron background and those pretty dandelions! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you experimented with our sketch! I think using a crumpled up bit of paper is a genius idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow splattered background! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first venture into splatting is fantastic. Love this card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Addicted To CAS.

    ReplyDelete