Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Scrappy Books

My day was so exciting. I met a new crafty friend! She brought me several of her amazing fabric books. This is one of them. It is about 6 1/2 inches square and full of so many different design elements that I am unable to list all of them here.
Here is the front cover page:

Love the felt cat's googly eyes and in her mouth is a tiny mouse trinket (clever). I love the freestyle of the fabric designs and different stitches.
Next page:


 The frayed edges are so cool. I am a neat freak and I appreciate styles that I am unable to create. My brain just doesn't work that way.
Next page:
Love the crazy tags on the sides to turn the pages. On the mummy's casket is a tiny window that when opened, you will be surprised to see a skeleton head button! And on the corner of the next page, next to the chicken fabric are 3 tiny buttons that are stitched with chicken feet!
If I had to pick a favorite page, it would be this one. It just gave me an instant smile. The googly eyes on the left and crazy stitching. And on the right, that dotted clothespin caught my eye. Also, in that little green pocket was a small surprise gift that I removed and will keep forever.
This is the back side. That cat patch is the perfect ending to this neatly designed little fabric book. My pictures do not do this happy, scrappy book justice. You have to enlarge it on your computer screen to view all of the CRAZY, WILD elements that she included in this book. If you are interested in making one of these and have any questions, just e-mail me.

Until next time,

Appreciate the talent of others and Smile.

PattySue

No comments:

Post a Comment