Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Happy World Card Making Day!

My card today is for two (new to me ) challenges:

The Flower Challenge #37                                   And Watercooler Wednesday #241




The flower challenge is to make a flower card that is clean and simple which is not easy for me to do. I love CAS when others do it, but I tend to keep adding stuff to a card......The Watercooler challenge is to make it feminine, so I chose a lovely flower set from Altenew called Amazing You.


On the white panel, I first used an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts on the top and bottom, leaving a blank space for the flower. Then I turned this cardstock over onto a scoring board to score along the edge of the embossing to give it that finished look. The image was colored with Copics and the flower and one leaf was cut-out and layered and Nuvo Aqua Shimmer applied. Sentiment added with SU window punch, and the panel layered onto black cardstock and then a green. While everything was out on my table, I spent the rest of my afternoon making 4 more of these cards for my stash, leaving the sentiment off until I needed the card. That's it.....and thanks for looking in! Pattysue


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossed background! I really like how you left a "blank" space for your pretty little flower. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, I love the sparkle on the flower Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pat: I'm so happy you found THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, we hope you come and play with us often.
    Your card is lovely, such pretty colors on your flower and I love the bling on it, looks like Wink of Stella?
    Thank you for playing along, please come back soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete